10 Reasons to Love Logistics
There’s a lot to love about the logistics industry. Logistics, transportation and supply chain management affect so many aspects of our day-to-day life. Without logistics, how would those bottles of water arrive to your local grocery store? Or Christmas trees across the country? Paper goods in every office? The list goes on and on and because the industry is thriving, there are endless opportunities for collaboration, growth and relationship-building. Today we here at DT3 Logistics are sharing what our employees, customers and network carriers love most about working in logistics and transportation. Here is what they had to say.
1. Every day presents a new adventure. “A day in logistics is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.”
2. It’s such a close-knit community. “Over the years I’ve become so close with one of the carriers I work with, that he invited me to his wedding in California, where we met in person for the first time. Our relationship continues to grow from the rock-solid foundation we established years ago.”
3. There is data to measure almost anything. “We are going to continue to leverage our years’ worth of historical and proprietary data to predict where the market is going and by aligning ourselves with our customers, we are guiding them through the peaks and troughs of the market.”
4. Technology is driving the whole industry forward. “By integrating proprietary technology solutions at critical stages throughout the shipping process, from quoting through settlement, we foster a better experience for all users.”
5. There is ample opportunity for everyone to grow. “The more we started booking with DT3 Logistics, the more we started growing. We started seeing better numbers, started buying more trucks and more trailers. The rest is history.”
6. You can creatively collaborate alongside others. “By listening to the customer’s pain points, we were able to collaborate and bring a customized solution that allowed our team to do what we do best, in this case cross-border freight, and our customer to focus on what they do best, manufacturing coolers and drinkware.”
7. It brings people together because it’s not a one-man operation. “One entity can’t do it. It’s a three-party operation – the carrier, DT3 Logistics and the customer. When we all work together, there’s nothing we can’t overcome.”
8. There is immense gratification in solving challenges. “Being able to leverage our years of experience in the market to help our customers plan for supply chain disruptions is incredibly rewarding.”
9. You can build relationships that turn into lifelong friendships. “One of the carriers I work with (Darren) and I hit it off right away when I happened to pick up his phone call one day. He still calls my personal line to tell me about his life and the trips he and his wife take. Our friendship has made a world of difference.”
10. There is flexibility to create the life you want. “I’ve been given the opportunity to have the balance of an amazing career and a positive, happy home life. Working in logistics has opened new doors, presented challenges and allowed me to work with some of the best in the business, for all of which I’m forever grateful.”
Every day in logistics is different—yet one of the best things about our industry is that at a macro level, there is an order to the chaos. The truckload market, although up and down daily, follows a predictable pattern that is governed by the basic laws of supply and demand. That means that with the right data intelligence, you’re able to plan better than ever before. And what’s not to love about that? But what does DT3 Logistics love most of all about logistics? Above all else, we love the relationships we’ve forged with our global network of shippers and carriers.